I am an avid nature photographer. I take at least one picture every day. My favorite subjects are birds and lighthouses. If you find my photography pleasing and want to use any of my photos for non-commercial purposes, please ask for permission.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

North Carolina Mountains

Dave and I decided to go to the mountains of NC.  We had not been there and really did not know what to expect.  We were so satisfied with where we stayed.  It was quite tucked away and very quiet with lots of birds and other wildlife.  A photographer's dream. This is a picture of our condo.  If you look closely you can see the flag for hole number 10.  We enjoyed watching the golfers.
 This is the sign for the place that we stayed at.  It is just outside of Lake Lure, NC.  This is but one of many resorts.
 If you follow my blog, you know that I love photographing birds.  How beautiful is this cardinal against a beautiful sky.
 It was a haven for bluebirds.  And since I don't get bluebirds at my house, this is what I focused on.  I was so happy to have so many opportunities to take pictures of bluebirds.

Driving up to Mt. Mitchell we went through twin tunnels.










We also came upon this building.  I think this place would be a gorgeous setting for a wedding.














 Mt. Mitchell is the tallest mountain east of the Mississippi.  When we stopped at the Park Office on the way up it was raining and hailing.  Luckily when we got out of the car at the parking lot by the walkway to the peak, it had stopped.  This is a view from the top.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures as usual. It is good to see a new post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Bluebird against the blue sky. Always fun to photograph birds you don't commonly see often.

    ReplyDelete